Monday, February 15, 2010

Bridal quilts, antique sewing machines and T-shirt quilts

I went to a bridal shower for my cousin's fiancee over the weekend. My aunt also quilts and she made her a beautiful quilt of half-square triangles.

She recently had surgery on her hand, so completing the bed quilt in less than a month was quite an accomplishment.

          My dad found and restored an old sewing machine. It needs a new presser foot and then it's mine to sew on :)

My dad got a hold of a really old sewing machine and cabinet. The sewing machine didn't work at first but he got it going. Together we fixed the tension and now, if we can find a presser foot, I'll actually be able to sew with it.

I'm going to ask the local sewing machine repair shop if they can find one.
Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I misplaced the batteries to my digital camera.

          I FINALLY finished pin basting the twin sized T-shirt quilt I'm working on for a client.

I also finally finished pin basting a twin-sized T-shirt quilt for a client. I'm hoping to quilt it tonight and sew on the binding tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts