Friday, September 30, 2011

This blog has a new home

When I started blogging, it was to drum up interest in a quilting business I was starting. But over time I've scaled back on the quilts I make to sell, mostly because it takes a lot of time to make something really special and most people just don't understand that and think they can get a hand-made quilt for $50 like they're picking up a bed-in-a-bag at a big box store.

So I'm turning my focus to selling a few, well-crafted items in a high end artisan shop, taking custom orders and making more quilts for myself and my friends and family. But I don't want to stop blogging. Quilting has a reputation for being a hobby old women have and that's not true at all. There's a growing number of young quilters and there are many of us who create works of art, not just bed coverings. I'd like to help change the perception of quilting through this blog.

To that end, I've moved the blog to http://quiltaddictsanonymous.com/. You can follow along there to see what I'm working on, attend virtual shop hops, get quilting tutorials and join a quilting challenge (I've got a good one planned for 2012).

Thanks for following and I hope to see you all at the new location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts