Friday, March 12, 2010

My first block of the month


About a month ago I saw a block of the month program for a Civil War quilt.

My first thought was that I could join it, and sew all the blocks by hand like the women would have during that time. Then reality set in and I realized there's no way I would have the time to piece an entire quilt top by hand in a year.

So I abandoned my thoughts of making a Civil War quilt. Then at quilt retreat last week I met a quilter who was still working on a block of the month project from a couple years ago.

I was inspired and signed up for Fat Quarter Shop's Civil War Tribute block of the month program. Each block in the quilt represents a significant battle in the war and the instructions come with a historical information about the battle.

I still want to piece it by hand, but if I don't finish it by the end of the year, that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts