Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The scrap quilt is coming along


I finally finished sewing my 400th flying geese unit last weekend for the scrap quilt I'm working on. It was a good feeling, let me tell you.

I still have to piece a couple dozen quarter square triangles, and then all the 4.5-inch units that make up my 16-inch blocks will be complete. I've been busy arranging the blocks on my makeshift design wall, which really is going to be coming down soon, because the painters tape isn't holding it up anymore.


I'd like to get the first twelve blocks that are laid out above sewed together this week before taking it down this weekend. Then I'll have to lay the rest out on my bed or something until I can make, and have space for, a real design wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts